Law Enforcement Request Policy
Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. will respond to valid Canadian law enforcement requests. The requests must be directed to Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. and will be fulfilled by our back-end registry operator Namecheap, Inc.
Please note that Namecheap, Inc. will not disclose any personal information about their customers unless required by law or pursuant to a U.S. court order or subpoena.
Where to Send Requests
Please remember to direct the requests to Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. Canadian law enforcement officials may mail or email these requests directed to Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. to Namecheap, Inc. as follows:
Notice to customer
Upon the receipt of valid legal process, unless the circumstances warrant otherwise, Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. and/or Namecheap, In. may notify the customer whose information is sought via email or mail. Law enforcement officials who believe that notification would jeopardize an investigation should obtain an appropriate court order or other legal process establishing that notice is prohibited.
Information subject to disclosure
The following information is subject to disclosure pursuant to valid legal process:
- In addition to the Whois information, where possible, Namecheap, Inc. may provide the following two data points, specific to the purchase of a .CA domain. Namecheap, Inc. will advise on whether the following information is available :
- Payment information relating to the purchase.
- IP Address at the time of purchase.
Reservation of rights
Notwithstanding any of the above, Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. and/or Namecheap, Inc. reserves the right to challenge the validity of any legal process or otherwise move to quash or take such other action to secure an order from the relevant court that Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. and/or Namecheap, Inc. is not required to respond to the legal process.
Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. reserves the right to modify this policy at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. Such modifications are effective immediately upon posting to this site.
Further questions & contact information
If you have any questions about how Namecheap, Inc. deals with legal process on behalf of Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd., they may be contacted by email or regular mail at the following:
4600 East Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034
We have created this privacy notice in order to demonstrate our commitment to you, our customer, through transparent, easy-to-understand information regarding our data practices. You will understand what we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
Who We Are: Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. is a Canadian entity and a registrar of record for .CA domains, an Internet Domain Name Registry operated by the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA). Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. has engaged Namecheap, Inc., a United States based company, as our Registrar Operator for the collection, processing and retention of personal information.
What, When and Why We Collect Your Personal Information:
Information Collected on Behalf of Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd.
When you register for a .CA Domain Name, we are required by CIRA to process and retain certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, your status as a Canadian citizen or resident, your domain name as well as certain Whois contact information (such as domain name information, administrative contact information and technical contact information).
Information Collected by Namecheap, Inc.
All other services and information collected by Namecheap, Inc., outside of the foregoing, are directed by Namecheap, Inc. and governed by its own privacy policies, which can be found here. This will include, among other things, additional information it requires to create a Namecheap account and payment processing.
Duty to Keep Information Current.
The personal information provided by you, in order to register for a .CA Domain Name, is required to be kept current and may be accessible for you to review and update through your Namecheap customer account panel.
Law Enforcement Requests: Namecheap, Inc. on behalf of Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. will respond to valid law enforcement requests, however Namecheap, Inc. will not disclose any personal information about their customers unless required by law or pursuant to a U.S. court order or subpoena.
Website: When you visit our website the web server logs IP addresses, the referring website, and associated information relating to the requests made.
Cookies: We may use session cookies to ensure a smooth and convenient site visit. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our website can send to your Web browser, which may then be stored on your computer.
Security: Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
Consent: Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information for purposes beyond the scope identified in this policy, without notifying you and obtaining your consent.
Sharing and Disclosures: Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. limits any sharing or disclosures of your information to the purposes defined in this policy.
Links: This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Retention & Deletion of Account Information.
Personal Information Following Termination of Domain.
When your domain with Namecheap, Inc., on behalf of Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd., is cancelled (either voluntarily or involuntarily) all of your personally identifiable information is placed in “deactivated” status within our corresponding databases. However, you should know that deactivation does not mean your personally identifiable information has been deleted from our database entirely. We will retain and use your personally identifiable information, if necessary, in order to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and/or as required by laws or regulations. Please see Namecheap’s Terms of Service for retention and deletion as it relates to overall account information. By registering a domain with us or one of our sellers you acknowledge and agree to these terms of retention.
Accuracy and Access: Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. wants to make sure you have access to edit or remove your data at any time. This will help both you and Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. ensure that your information is correct, complete and current. This information may be accessible for you to review and update through your Namecheap customer account panel.
Questions & Suggestions: If you have questions, suggestions or wish to make a complaint, please complete a feedback form or you can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
This is an Agreement between You and Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd., a Canadian entity and a registrar of record for .CA domains, an Internet Domain Name Registry operated by the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA). Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. provides registration for .CA domains, via its Registrar Operator and Reseller, Namecheap, Inc. a United States based company.
You are our valued customer. We expect you to be of sufficient legal age to be able to enter into binding contracts and provide consent to the collection and processing of any personal data needed to provide services to you.
This Agreement explains our obligations to You and your obligations to us. Combined with Namecheap, Inc.’s Terms and Conditions and the CIRA terms and conditions identified below, this Agreement is the entire Agreement between us.
Acceptance of Terms
By using or visiting our Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. website (the “Website”), you agree to these terms and conditions (the “Terms”).
Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. may, in its sole discretion, revise these Terms at any time without advance notice to you. You are bound by such revisions by continuing to use or visit the Website after they are posted online.
You should visit this page from time to time to review any changes. We may notify you if this Agreement changes, or we may not. Any notification of any changes would be a courtesy and is not required by this Agreement.
Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. Privacy Notice
Your agreement with us concerning the treatment of information we collect about you under this Agreement is detailed in the terms of our Privacy Notice. Please note that in order to register for a .CA Domain Name through Namecheap, Inc. on behalf of Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd. you are directly transferring your data to Namecheap in their United States based servers and agree to processing/storing within the United States, where Namecheap processes and stores its data.
CIRA Specific Terms and Conditions
When you seek to register a .CA domain, you must agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. In the event that any term in this Agreement conflicts with CIRA’s Registrant Agreement, CIRA’s Registrant Agreement shall apply to any and all .CA domain registrations. For additional information relating to CIRA’s requirements, please see Legal, Policy and Compliance.
- Definitions. The following definitions apply to this section:
- “Registrant Registration Agreement” shall mean CIRA’s Registration Agreement.
- “Registrar of Record,” “Go Get Canada,” “we” or “us” shall mean Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd., a certified registrar of .CA domains by CIRA pursuant to the Registrar Registration Agreement entered into between Go Get Canada Domain Registrar, Ltd. and CIRA (“Registrar Registration Agreement”).
- “Registrar Operator,” “Namecheap” shall mean Namecheap, Inc. a United States based company engaged by Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd., to act as their Registrar Operator for .CA domains.
- “Registry,” “Registry Operator,” or “CIRA” shall mean Canadian Internet Registration Authority, the not-for-profit organization that manages the .CA domain space.
- Capitalized terms used in this Section but not defined shall have the meaning as set out in the Registration Agreement or Registrar Registration Agreement.
- .CA Domain Name Registration Information and Its Use.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are required to submit to Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, and keep updated the following information in connection with your application for .CA domain name registration:
- the .CA domain name to be registered;
- the .CA domain name holder’s name and mailing address;
- the name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and fax number of the Administrative Contact for the .CA domain name;
- the name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and fax number of the billing contact for the .CA domain name; and
- Canadian presence qualification as required by CIRA’s Canadian Presence Requirements.
- Obligations Relating to Provided Data. If, in registering a .CA domain name, you provide information about a third party, you hereby represent that you have provided notice to and have obtained the express consent from the third party to the disclosure and use of the third party’s information as set forth in this Registration Agreement.
- Disclosure and Use of Registration Information. You agree to authorize Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada., to provide any information to CIRA and any other third parties as applicable laws may require or permit. You acknowledge and agree that Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, may make publicly available, or directly available to third-party vendors, some or all of the .CA domain registration information provided by you, for purposes of inspection, such as through Namecheap, Inc’s WHOis service or for any other purpose as required or permitted by CIRA and/or applicable laws.
- We will not process any data about any identified or identifiable natural person that we obtain from you in a way incompatible with the purpose and limitations described in this Agreement or in our Privacy Notice. We will take reasonable precautions to protect the information we obtain from you from our loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information. We will have no liability to you or any third party to the extent such reasonable precautions are taken.
- You acknowledge and agree that CIRA may establish guidelines, limits, and/or requirements that relate to the amount and type of information that Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, may or must make available to the public or to private entities, and the manner in which such information is made available.
- CIRA Policy.
- You agree that:
- Your registration of a .CA domain name shall be subject to suspension, cancellation, or transfer pursuant to any CIRA-adopted policy, or pursuant to any Registrar, Registry Operator or Registry procedure not inconsistent with a CIRA-adopted policy, (1) to correct mistakes by Registrar, Registry Operator or Registry in registering the name, or (2) for the resolution of disputes concerning a .CA domain name.
- CIRA may, at its option, extend any period for the registration of a .CA domain name at no charge to Registrar or you for such further period of time as CIRA may determine, in its sole discretion.
- CIRA shall not be liable to you for:
- any loss, damage, or expense arising out of CIRA’s failure or refusal to register a .CA domain name;
- CIRA’s failure or refusal to renew a .CA domain name;
- CIRA’s registration of a .CA domain name;
- CIRA’s failure or refusal to renew a .CA domain name;
- CIRA’s renewal of a .CA domain name;
- CIRA’s failure or refusal to transfer a .CA domain name;
- CIRA’s transfer of a .CA domain name;
- CIRA’s failure or refusal to maintain or modify a .CA domain name;
- CIRA’s maintenance of a .CA domain name;
- CIRA’s modification of a .CA domain name;
- CIRA’s failure to cancel a .CA domain name; or
- CIRA’s cancellation of a .CA domain name from the Registry.
- In no event shall you pursue any claim against CIRA, and in no event shall CIRA be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from loss of use, lost profits, lost business revenue, or third-party damages or arising from any breach by Registrar or Registrar Operator of its obligations under any agreement between You and Registrar and/or Registrar Operator , or the Registrar Registration Agreement.
- Registration of your selected .CA domain name in its first application to CIRA shall not be effective until you have entered into and agree to be bound by CIRA’s Registration Agreement.
- We shall immediately give notice to you in the event that we are no longer a CIRA certified registrar, have had our certification as a CIRA certified registrar suspended or terminated, or the Registrar Registration Agreement is terminated or expires. CIRA may post notice of such suspension, termination, or expiry on its website and may, if CIRA deems appropriate, give notice to you thereof.
- In the event that we are no longer a CIRA certified registrar, have had our certification as a CIRA certified registrar suspended or terminated, or in the event the Registrar Registration Agreement is terminated or expires, you shall be responsible for changing your registrar of record to a new CIRA certified registrar within 30 days of the earlier of notice thereof being given to you by (i) us or (ii) CIRA in accordance with CIRA’s then-current General Registration Rules; provided, however, that if any of your domain name registration(s) is scheduled to expire within 30 days of the giving of such notice, you shall have 30 days from the anniversary date of the registration(s) to register with a new CIRA certified registrar and to renew such domain name registration(s) in accordance with then-current General Registration Rules.
- You shall not, directly or indirectly, through registration or use of your .CA domain name or otherwise (i) violate or contribute to the violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person; (ii) defame or contribute to the defamation of any other person; or (iii) unlawfully discriminate or contribute to the unlawful discrimination of any other person.
- Go Get Canada, Namecheap and CIRA shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever:
- for the use of any .CA domain name in the Registry; and
- for any conflict or dispute with or any actual or threatened claim against us or you, including one relating to a registered or unregistered trade-mark, a corporate, business or other trade-name, rights relating to a name or other identifying indicium of an individual or any other intellectual property rights of a third party or relating to the defamation of or unlawful discrimination with respect to any other person.
- You agree that we may amend this Agreement at any time, with or without notice to you, to reflect any amendments to the Registrar Registration Agreement or any other rules, policies, or guidelines established by the Registry.
- You acknowledge that registration of a .CA domain name does not create any proprietary right for you, us or any other person in the name used as a .CA domain name or the domain name registration and that the entry of a .CA domain name in the Registry or in the “WHOIS” look up system of the Registry shall not be construed as evidence or ownership of the registered .CA domain name. You shall not in any way transfer or purport to transfer a proprietary right in any .CA domain name registration, or grant or purport to grant as security or in any other manner encumber or purport to encumber a .CA domain name registration.
- CIRA Dispute Policy.
- In the event of any dispute with respect to your registered .CA domain name, you agree to be bound by the CIRA Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (“CIRA Dispute Policy”), as it may be amended from time to time, which is hereby incorporated and made a part of this Registration Agreement by reference.
- You agree that, if the registration of your .CA domain name is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in the CIRA Dispute Policy in effect at the time of the dispute.
- You agree that, in the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you shall indemnify and hold Registrar and Namecheap harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the CIRA Dispute Policy.
- Transfer of Ownership.
- Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, will consider the entity named as the Administrative Contact for the .CA domain name, at the time the controlling user name and password are secured, as the agent of that domain name. In accordance with CIRA policy, a domain name’s registrar and agent cannot be changed until at least 60 days after initial registration. You agree that, prior to the effectiveness of any transfer of ownership of your domain name to another person or entity, you will pay Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, the then-current amount set forth by Namecheap for the transfer of ownership of a domain name. You further agree that as a condition of any such transfer of ownership of your domain name, the entity to which you seek to transfer your domain name (the “Transferee”) shall agree in writing to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Agreement. Your domain name will not be transferred until Namecheap receives such written assurances, and actual payment of the transfer fee, or reasonable assurance of payment of the transfer fee from a third party (such reasonable assurance as determined by Namecheap in its sole discretion). You acknowledge and agree that if you attempt to transfer your domain name registration without paying Namecheap the then-current amount set by Namecheap for the transfer of ownership of a domain name, or if the entity to which you seek to transfer your domain name fails to agree in writing to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Agreement, any such transfer will be null and void, and will result in your domain name registration being revoked without a refund of any charges you have incurred in attempting to register or transfer that domain name.
- You agree that Go Get Canada, and/or Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, is not liable or responsible for any errors, omissions, or other actions by CIRA arising out of or related to your application or receipt of, or failure to receive, a .CA domain name registration. You further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the administrators, directors, officers, employees, and agents of Go Get Canada, Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, and of CIRA from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and expenses) arising out of or related to your .CA domain name registration.
- You acknowledge and agree that Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, cannot guarantee that you will obtain a desired .CA domain name registration, even if an inquiry indicates that domain name is available, since Namecheap cannot know with certainty whether or not an application for a domain name which you are seeking is simultaneously being sought by a third party, or whether there are any inaccuracies or errors in the .CA domain name registration process or related databases maintained by CIRA.
- You acknowledge and agree that Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, does not check to see whether the .CA domain name you select, or the use you make of the domain name, infringes the legal rights of others. We urge you to investigate whether the .CA domain name you select, or its use, infringes the legal rights of others, and in particular we suggest you seek advice of competent counsel.
- You acknowledge and agree that Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, may be ordered by a court or administrative agency to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name. You should also be aware that if we, and/or Namecheap acting on our behalf, are sued or threatened with lawsuit in connection with your .CA domain name, we, and/or Namecheap, may turn to you to hold us, and/or Namecheap, harmless and to indemnify us and/or Namecheap
- You acknowledge and agree that any of the following actions shall constitute a material breach of this Registration Agreement and will be sufficient basis for cancellation of your .CA domain name registration:
- willfully providing false or inaccurate information;
- willfully failing to update information promptly; or
- failing to respond to Namecheap’s, on behalf of Go Get Canada’s, inquiries concerning the accuracy of contact details within fifteen (15) calendar days of request.
- You hereby consent to any and all such disclosures and use of, and guidelines, limits, and restrictions on disclosure or use of information, updated from time to time and provided in connection with registration of a .CA domain name, whether during or after term of the registration of the domain name. You hereby irrevocably waive any and all claims and causes of action you may have arising from such disclosure or use of the .CA domain name registration information.
Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, needs to be able to contact you easily and quickly. You are responsible for ensuring that Namecheap has accurate and current contact and billing information for you, including your complete real name, an accurate postal address, an accurate and checked email address, and at least one voice telephone number. You also must provide accurate and current contact information for all contacts in each field of your domain name registration record.
If you need to reach us, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your right to use your domain name is for a finite period of time, measured by the term of your registration. If you do not pay your fees within thirty (30) days of the due date, we will close your account and terminate this Agreement.
If your account is closed for non-payment, any right to any domain name previously in your account will transfer to Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, and a cancellation surcharge per domain name cancelled plus applicable renewal fees may be levied on your account.
You agree that Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, may charge the credit card you have on file with Namecheap to recover any amounts outstanding on your account.
Recovering a domain name after expiry
It may be possible to recover a domain name after it has expired. Renewal of a domain name after its expiration is subject to a Redemption Recovery fee plus any applicable renewal fees and taxes. It may not always be possible to renew a domain name after it has expired and Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, has the sole and final word in determining when a domain name can be renewed post-expiration and what fees will be applicable.
If you fail to pay for a domain name, it is forfeit and Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, will have the right, in its sole discretion, delete the domain name and allow any new registrant anywhere in the world to register the domain name.
Cancelling & Termination
You may end this Agreement at any time and for any reason by cancelling your services. You may cancel your account by cancelling all of your services, which will cause this Agreement to terminate and Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, will delete your account. Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, can also end this Agreement at any time and for any reason.
If you terminate this Agreement, you will not receive a refund for any fees already paid. If Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, terminates this Agreement, Namecheap may, in its sole discretion, refund any unused portion of your subscription fee and, if applicable, assist you in transferring your domain name to another registrar.
Complaints & Legal Challenges
Sometimes domain name registrations become the subject of a legal challenge. If Namecheap and/or Go Get Canada, is made a party to any legal action by virtue of one of your domain name registrations, you agree to be responsible for all of Namecheap’s and/or Go Get Canada, costs and legal fees and to indemnify and hold each harmless from any action.
If Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, is notified that a complaint has been filed with a judicial or administrative body regarding your domain name, Namecheap, on behalf of Go Get Canada, may, at their sole discretion, (a) suspend your ability to use, make modifications to, or transfer your registration records and/or (b) deposit control of your registration record with the appropriate judicial entity.
With regard to Go Get Canada, this Agreement is governed by and will be enforced in accord with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada.
Any action brought against Go Get Canada arising out of or relating to this Agreement must be brought in the courts of Ontario, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Namecheap, Inc. will have its own jurisdictional requirement.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that our entire liability, and your exclusive remedy with respect to any services provided under this Agreement and any breach of this Agreement is solely limited to the amounts you have paid us over the last twelve months.
Namecheap, Inc. and Go Get Canada Domain Registrar Ltd., and their directors, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and third party providers, and CIRA, shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use any of the services or for the cost of procurement of substitute services. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states, our liability is limited to the extent permitted by law.
We disclaim any and all loss or liability resulting from, but not limited to: (1) loss or liability resulting from access delays or access interruptions; (2) loss or liability resulting from data non-delivery or data mis-delivery; (3) loss or liability resulting from acts of God; (4) loss or liability resulting from the unauthorized use or misuse of your account identifier or password; (5) loss or liability resulting from errors, omissions, or misstatements in any and all information or services(s) provided under this Agreement; (6) loss or liability resulting from the interruption of your service.
You agree that we will not be liable for any loss of registration and use of your domain name, or for interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits) regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You agree that your use of our services is solely at your own risk. You agree that such services are provided on an “as is,” “as available” basis.
We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
We make no warranty that the services will meet your requirements or that the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the service or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the service or that defects in the service will be corrected.
You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded, or otherwise obtained through the use of services, is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
We make no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through the service or any transactions entered into through the service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.